FT Money podcast: “Should you invest in Venture Capital Trusts?”
Archived article: please remember tax and investment rules and circumstances can change over time. This article reflects our views at the time of publication.
Wealth Club’s Alex Davies is the featured guest on this week’s FT Money podcast titled: “Should you invest in Venture Capital Trusts?”
Claer Barrett, personal finance editor at The Financial Times, asks:
- Why are VCTs becoming more mainstream?
- If you've been capped out of your pension, should you consider VCTs?
- They are perceived as high risk: is this deserved?
- Why are VCT charges higher than unit trusts?
- What are the tax benefits of VCTs?
- How do investors receive their returns?
- How Alex uses VCTs in his own portfolio
You can listen to the episode here:
The episode can also be played from FT.com’s podcast page.
Wealth Club aims to make it easier for experienced investors to find information on – and apply for – investments. You should base your investment decision on the offer documents and ensure you have read and fully understand them before investing. The information on this webpage is a marketing communication. It is not advice or a personal or research recommendation to buy any of the investments mentioned, nor does it include any opinion as to the present or future value or price of these investments. It does not satisfy legal requirements promoting investment research independence and is thus not subject to prohibitions on dealing ahead of its dissemination.
Find out more about investing in VCTs
Free factsheet: VCTs at a glanceGet the factsheet