FT Money podcast: “Should you invest in Venture Capital Trusts?”
Archived article: please remember tax and investment rules and circumstances can change over time. This article reflects our views at the time of publication.
Wealth Club’s Alex Davies is the featured guest on this week’s FT Money podcast titled: “Should you invest in Venture Capital Trusts?”
Claer Barrett, personal finance editor at The Financial Times, asks:
- Why are VCTs becoming more mainstream?
- If you've been capped out of your pension, should you consider VCTs?
- They are perceived as high risk: is this deserved?
- Why are VCT charges higher than unit trusts?
- What are the tax benefits of VCTs?
- How do investors receive their returns?
- How Alex uses VCTs in his own portfolio
You can listen to the episode here:
The episode can also be played from FT.com’s podcast page.
Find out more about investing in VCTs
Free factsheet: VCTs at a glanceGet the factsheet