Hindsight Media EIS
Hindsight Media EIS invests in film, TV and video games production companies. Recent projects include Wolf Hall and The King’s Speech. The fund seeks to capitalise on government incentive schemes aimed at encouraging companies in those sectors.
portfolio across film, TV and video games
preservation targeted through film and TV tax credits and pre-sales
- Target return
1.2x investment (not guaranteed)
- 22 projects previously financed including The King’s Speech
and Wolf Hall
Hindsight is a media company founded in 2009. Its focus is on the production and finance of film and TV, as well as video games. Collectively, the Hindsight principals have raised $500 million for 50 film and TV projects. They are the media adviser on Hindsight Media EIS.
The key people are:
- Tim Smith, CEO, has been involved in marketing, financing and production for over two decades. He has held roles at Twentieth Century Fox and Foresight the entertainment agency. He has worked with Buena Vista International, Warner Brothers and Polygram.
- James Swarbrick, Commercial Director, has raised and managed funds for over 70 productions.
Enterprise Investment Partners is the manager, an experienced and specialised small cap manager.
There is a 3.5% initial charge, 1.0% annual management fee and a 1.5% annual media adviser fee. The performance fee is 25% of net distributions from the fund above a hurdle rate of £1.20 per £1.00 invested.
These are investments in unquoted companies which are illiquid and capital is at risk. Investors should not invest money they cannot afford to lose. Alongside the usual risks of investing in EIS there are specific risks.
- Operating risk – projects may not be as successful as the team expects.
- Counterparty risk – if the presales counterparties went out of business the fund would need to find replacements to maintain collateral and security of pre-agreed sales.
- Management – the success of the fund is down to the team. It needs to commit enough time and focus to ensuring the investment strategy is executed.
- Tax risk – a change to EIS tax rules could make this investment less attractive. Tax rules can change and tax benefits depend on circumstances.
Key Information Document: Important Notice to Investors
Before you apply you should read and understand the important documents. Please note, the Key Information Document is not currently available for this investment. This is a new document we are required to provide to retail investors before they invest.
If you wish to apply now, please read the other important documents and ensure you are comfortable with the risks of investing. Then simply download, sign and return the declaration below alongside your application form and we will send you the document as soon as it is available.
Wealth Club aims to highlight investments we believe have merit, but you should form your own view. You should decide based on the provider's documents and ensure you have read and fully understand them before investing. This review is a marketing communication. It is not advice or a personal or research recommendation to buy the investment mentioned. It does not satisfy legal requirements promoting investment research independence and is thus not subject to prohibitions on dealing ahead of its dissemination. 08.12.2017
- Target return
- 1.2x investment
- Funds raised / sought
- £25 million sought
- Minimum investment