Ingenious Vision VCT
This is a new VCT offer from Ingenious with a focus on the global television industry. It aims to raise £10 million with a £10 million over-allotment facility.
- New VCT with a focus on global
- Targets an annual dividend of 5p per
share from summer 2022 – not guaranteed
- The Ingenious team is very experienced in media investment opportunities
- Minimum investment £3,000
Make a no-obligation reservation
This VCT aims to invest in unquoted companies that can develop and produce opportunities in television and other forms of audio-visual content.
The team at Ingenious have nearly 20 years’ combined experience in investing in the UK’s creative economy. Ingenious has raised and deployed over £7.5 billion during that time, much of it through its media EIS funds. The investment team behind the VCT includes:
- Patrick McKenna – founder of the Ingenious Group in 1998 and previously a partner at Deloitte where he headed up their Media division. Patrick is the chairman of several companies in the sector including award-winning television company Hat Trick Productions. He is a Fellow of the RSA and a member of BAFTA.
- Neil Forster – CEO of Ingenious Capital Management. Previous roles include Group Finance Director at Hat Trick Productions, and Head of Finance for the EMEA sales arm of Walt Disney’s television business.
The VCT targets a regular annual dividend of 5p per share from July 2022. It may also pay other special dividends. Dividends are variable and not guaranteed.
This, like all investments available through Wealth Club, is only for experienced investors happy to make their own investment decisions without advice.
VCTs are high-risk so should only form part of a balanced portfolio and you should not invest money you cannot afford to lose. They also tend to be illiquid and hard to sell and value. Before you invest, please carefully read the Risks and Commitments and the offer documents to ensure you fully understand the risks.
Tax rules can change and benefits depend on circumstances.
VCTs can now only invest new money in growth capital deals. Management buyouts, replacement capital deals and investments in mature companies are no longer permitted. This results in considerably higher risks.
This is a new VCT. Ingenious needs to raise at least £3 million for the offer to proceed. If fundraising is slow, shares may take some time to be allotted, or may not be allotted at all.
Fees and charges
A summary of the fees and charges is shown below. The net initial charge shown includes the Wealth Club discount and early bird saving.
|Full initial charge||5.5%|
|Wealth Club initial saving||4.5%|
|Net initial charge through Wealth Club (new investors)||1%|
More detail on the charges
- There is an early bird discount of
1.5% for subscriptions made before 31 January 2019
- There is an early bird discount of 1%
for subscriptions made after 31 January 2019 and before 28 February 2019.
This is a new VCT and the only current offer specialising in TV opportunities. Ingenious has a good and long track record in media investment through its media EIS offers, although past performance is not a guide to the future, and its experience in VCT investment has been limited to date.
Wealth Club aims to highlight investments we believe have merit, but you should form your own view. You should decide based on the provider's documents and ensure you have read and fully understand them before investing. This review is a marketing communication. It is not advice or a personal or research recommendation to buy the investment mentioned. It does not satisfy legal requirements promoting investment research independence and is thus not subject to prohibitions on dealing ahead of its dissemination. 21 December 2018
- Target dividend
- 5p from 2022
- Initial charge
- Initial saving via Wealth Club
- Net initial charge
- Annual rebate
- Funds raised / sought
- £10 million sought
- 31 Jan 2019 for early bird