Vala EIS Portfolio – manager interview
In this exclusive interview recorded November 2019 in Bristol, we met Jasper Smith of Vala Capital to talk about the Vala EIS Portfolio.
Although Vala is a relatively new name to EIS investors, Jasper and the other key people behind Vala Capital have plenty of entrepreneurial experience to draw on. They seek to put this to use in both venture-backed and venture-built companies in their EIS portfolio. We sat down with Jasper to find out:
- What does the EIS fund aim to do for investors?
- Who are the key individuals in Vala Capital and what is their experience?
- What sort of companies does the fund look to invest in?
- How involved does the Vala team get with investee companies?
- What are some examples of recent investments?
- How does Vala source its deals? And is there much competition from other investors?
- How risky is it, and what do they do to manage risk?
- What is Vala’s track record with exits?
- How many failures should investors expect in a portfolio?
- What makes Vala different from other EIS fund managers?
Ultimately, why should experienced investors consider Vala EIS Portfolio? Watch the interview to find out…
Please note: the opinions expressed in this video are the interviewee’s own and do not necessarily reflect the view of Wealth Club Limited. This interview, like our service, is not advice nor a personal recommendation. This is a high-risk single company offer; capital is at risk and returns are not guaranteed. Tax benefits depend on circumstances and tax rules can change. If you’re unsure an investment is right for you, please seek professional advice.
Vala EIS Portfolio
Read our review, download documents and apply onlineGo to EIS fund page