Enterprise Investment Scheme
When you invest in young, small firms that qualify for the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) you could generate signficant returns if the firm prospers.
But that’s far from certain. Investing in this kind of business is risky and many will fail. Therefore, to encourage investment and to temper some of the risk, the government offers some very generous tax reliefs:
- Save up to 30% on your income tax bill – up to £300,000 per year (or £600,000 when investing in knowledge-intensive companies)
- Very generous allowance – up to £1 million or £2 million if anything above £1 million is invested in knowledge-intensive companies
- Enjoy tax-free growth
- Defer capital gains from other investments – potentially indefinitely
- Offset any future losses against your income, so you save income tax
- Pass on your investment free of IHT
Register for EIS alerts
Get notified when new investments open
How to invest
First, please download and read carefully all the provider documents and ensure you understand the considerable risks.
The quickest and most convenient way to apply is online – we offer this option whenever possible.
Alternatively, you can download the application form and return it completed to Wealth Club.
Most EIS offers give the option to pay by cheque or bank transfer.
We will check and acknowledge your application and forward it to the relevant provider. In due course, the provider will send you your share certificate, along with the EIS3 form which you will need to claim your income tax rebate. This could take several months.
View our featured offers below, or browse all current EIS offers.