Date of last update: 11 January 2018
By continuing to
browse the Wealth Club and/or Clubfinance sites you are agreeing to our use of
cookies, to enable you to receive all of our site content. Clubfinance
Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Wealth Club Ltd, referred to as “we”, “our”
or “us” in this policy.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored by your web browser when you visit our websites. In general, the contents of cookies help our website, and other services we provide via our website, to function properly, including remembering your settings and allowing us to monitor the performance of our websites.
First and third party cookies
What sort of cookies do we use?
The cookies on our website enable a variety of different functions. The main types of cookies we use are:
1. Essential cookies
Some cookies are essential for the operation of our website. For example, some cookies allow us to identify authenticated users to ensure they can access the member-only pages, or maintain a logged-in session on our website. If you opt to disable these cookies, you will not be able to access all the content on the website.
2. Performance cookies
3. Functionality cookies
We use functionality cookies to remember your preferences. For example, cookies save you the trouble of typing in your username every time you access the site, and recall your customisation preferences, such as font-sizes. We use third party functionality cookies to allow us to provide a 'live chat' service on our website(s) which mean that we're able to better help our visitors when they need it.
4. Promotional cookies
Promotional cookies enable data collection in order to deliver promotions relevant to you and your interests. These kinds of cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. These organisations do this in order to show targeted advertisements more relevant to you and your interests, inferred from which web pages you have visited. Our websites use Google Analytics Advertising Features, which sets third party cookies, to enable us to show interest-based advertisements on other websites; you can find out more information here and manage settings at this page. Certain pages also use the Facebook pixel, to allow us to gather non personally identifiable data on website usage and display behaviourally targeted advertising on other sites that are part of the Facebook network. You can learn more about this and manage settings at this page.
5. Social sharing cookies
What first party cookies do we use?
Below we outline the first party cookies we use and when they expire. Where these are shown with a star (*), this indicates variable text before or after the main cookie name.
- JSESSIONID & *session_id* – these cookies are used to deliver the features and services offered by this website. If you use Wealth Club services which require you to log in, these cookies mean we know you have logged in and provide functionality which includes your personal information (e.g. investment values). These cookies expire when you close your browser.
- vetting_submitted_c & wcid_c – these cookies ensure that we only serve content on investments you are eligible to receive under FCA regulations. They expire one year after being set.
- _ wealthclubltd* – these cookies mean we can offer services like contextual help and feedback options on pages where it may be helpful. These expire up to one year after being set.
- products_in_cart – if you are applying for investment products online, this cookie will help us to track the list of products you've requested and allow you to apply for them at the same time. These expire when you close your web browser.
- csfrtoken – a cookie used to establish valid communication between the browser and server. It expires in 90 days.
- cpn – a cookie used in measuring the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. It expires after one year.
- _sm* – these cookies are used to control the dialogue boxes that appear on certain pages. They expire after 90 days.
- _ga*, _gid*, _dc_gtm* – these cookies are used by Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager for web analytics and advertising purposes. They expire after between 1 and 90 days.
- Tawk* – these cookies are used to control the live chat functionality on our sites. They expire at the end of your browsing session.
- AWSELB – a technical cookie used to help distribute requests between different servers. It expires after one year.
Can a website
user block cookies?
As described above, cookies help you get the most out of our website.
If you do not wish the cookies to be stored on your device, please use the options of your internet browser to erase previously set cookies, to block any future cookies or to warn you before a cookie is stored on your device.
Please remember if you do choose to disable cookies, you may find certain sections of the websites do not work properly.