Shane Gallwey, Guinness VCT
Shane Gallwey, fund manager at Guinness Asset Management, talks to Wealth Club about the new Guinness VCT – the UK’s newest Venture Capital Trust, launched in October 2022. In this interview:
- Introduction to Guinness Ventures
- Why launch a new VCT – and why now?
- What sort of companies will it invest in?
- Examples of current Guinness Ventures investments including BibliU, Neighbourly, Cera Care, Gravity, Doctify and Thriva
- How is the current economic environment for investors and companies?
- How risk is it? What proportion of companies at this stage are likely to fail?
- Guinness’s track record with exits from the EIS portfolio
- Dividend target and timescale
Please note: the opinions expressed in this video are the interviewee's own and do not necessarily reflect the view of Wealth Club Limited. This interview, like our service, is not advice nor a personal recommendation. The products featured are not suitable for everyone and capital is at risk. Tax benefits depend on circumstances and tax rules can change. If you’re unsure an investment is right for you, please seek professional advice. Please remember: past performance is not a guide to the future.