Investment Analyst & Researcher
Archived article: please remember tax and investment rules and circumstances can change over time. This article reflects our views at the time of publication.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing entrepreneurial financial services company based in Bristol.
Wealth Club was founded in 2016 and acquired its largest competitor in 2018. Today it is the UK’s largest investment service for high net worth and experienced investors. It offers exclusive, more compelling and advanced investment opportunities than normally available through mainstream channels without advice.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director and working closely with other departments, you will be primarily responsible for analysing and evaluating investment opportunities, including single companies and funds.
For single companies, this will involve reviewing business plans and financial models, researching industry sectors, comparable deals and valuation work.
For funds, this will involve reviewing offer documents, tracking portfolio performance, researching fund managers’ track record as well as sector and analysing target returns.
You will have at least one to two years of experience in corporate finance lead advisory, deal support or transaction services with strong financial and analytical skills.
You will also be experienced at – and enjoy – writing reviews and reports for funds and companies raising capital.
Additionally, you will be required to support the Finance Director with the preparation of short briefs ahead of monthly investment committee meetings.
- Review deal opportunities – business plans, financial models, investor returns, fund and portfolio performance, research sectors, comparable deals to obtain valuation metrics
- Assist FD with preparation of monthly information pack for investment committee meeting
- Write reviews on funds and companies looking to raise capital
- Good experience of accounts preparation, balance sheets, analysing trading performance, cash flows, researching sectors and markets is essential
- Strong Excel and financial modelling skills required
- Qualified ACCA, ACA, CIMA is advantageous but relevant experience is most important and critical for this role.
- Ambitious, confident team player who would enjoy a fun, fast moving, high growth organisation
- Well organised and excellent attention to detail
- Copes well with changing and evolving processes
- Self-starter with can-do attitude who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to deliver under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Competitive package
- Full time
Start date September 2018
If you are interested please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]
Wealth Club aims to make it easier for experienced investors to find information on – and apply for – tax-efficient investments. You should base your investment decision on the provider's documents and ensure you have read and fully understand them before investing. This review is a marketing communication. It is not advice or a personal or research recommendation to buy the investment mentioned. It does not satisfy legal requirements promoting investment research independence and is thus not subject to prohibitions on dealing ahead of its dissemination.