Secured bond: earn 8% p.a. fixed interest – two and a half year term
Do you have cash languishing in your bank account – or in your company? This asset and contract-backed bond offer could provide a higher-risk but higher-reward alternative.
The Power Bond is offered by Hazel Capital, an experienced investment manager and developer specialised in clean energy technologies. It has to date developed and constructed 290MW of renewable energy projects and advises on +£200 million of renewable assets.
Since launch £3.5 million has already been reserved. To reserve an allocation please email us, stating the amount you wish to reserve. There is no obligation to proceed. The reservation will simply buy you some time whilst you decide, without the risk of missing out.
Please note: we will require you to confirm you are a High Net Worth Individual or Self Certified Sophisticated Individual before we send you more details.
Why consider investing?
- 8% fixed-interest – paid every six months
- Capital repayment at the end of the term, after two and a half years
- Co-invest with Hazel Capital in a series of containerised batteries and engines that help the National Grid with the peaks and troughs of energy demand and supply
- Low loan to value – estimated 30% of project end value
- Good downside protection: even in worst case scenario, the management believes they’ll have sufficient cash to cover interest and capital. In the unlikely event of a shortfall in cash flow, Hazel Capital will lend up to £1 million to help sustain interest payments
- Senior protection over any other lenders and shareholders
- Pre-agreed contracts with the National Grid covering 70% of the revenue
- Revenue is uncorrelated to energy prices
- Asset-backed: raising £6.5 million to fund purchase of equipment
- Minimum investment £25,000 – invest as an individual or as a company
What to watch out for?
The Power Bond is not transferable and cannot be traded in on any secondary market. It is not immediately realisable and illiquid, so it involves a degree of risk. Moreover it is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Neither the interest nor your capital are guaranteed, so you could get back less than you invest. Financial projections indicate there will be sufficient funds to service interest costs and repay debt at the end of the term, but you should form your own view.
Interest is paid net of 20% UK Withholding Tax. Please remember tax benefits depend on circumstances and tax rules can change.
Before investing you should download and read carefully the Power Bond Offering Memorandum.
The products we offer are not suitable for everyone. They are normally high risk, illiquid and should be held for the long term. If you're unsure an investment is right for you, please seek professional advice.
Wealth Club aims to make it easier for experienced investors to find information on – and apply for – tax-efficient investments. You should base your investment decision on the provider's documents and ensure you have read and fully understand them before investing. This review is a marketing communication. It is not advice or a personal or research recommendation to buy the investment mentioned. It does not satisfy legal requirements promoting investment research independence and is thus not subject to prohibitions on dealing ahead of its dissemination.