Amelia Armour, Amadeus Early Stage EIS Fund
Amadeus Capital (founded by Anne Glover and Hermann Hauser, one of the founders of Arm) is a highly regarded name in deeptech investing, in Silicon Fen and beyond.
The Amadeus Early Stage EIS Fund was launched in 2015, giving investors the opportunity to invest alongside Amadeus Capital’s institutional venture capital funds within a highly selective EIS-qualifying investment portfolio.
In this interview, we find out more about Amadeus Capital and Amelia Armour, and what the EIS fund aims to do for investors:
- Types of investee companies, and how Amadeus sources them
- How they do diligence on deep tech investments
- The role of their institutional funds alongside EIS investment
- How current volatility is affecting high-tech companies?
- Investee company examples Xampla (creating bioplastics from plant proteins), Poly.AI (conversational bots ‘as if you were speaking to a human’) and Bristol-based Graphcore and XMOS
- Amadeus’s role in companies post investment
- Risks involved with this type of investing
Please note: the opinions expressed in this video are the interviewee’s own and do not necessarily reflect the view of Wealth Club Limited. This interview, like our service, is not advice nor a personal recommendation. The products featured are not suitable for everyone and capital is at risk. Tax benefits depend on circumstances and tax rules can change. Remember, past performance is not a guide to the future. Dividends are variable and not guaranteed. If you’re unsure an investment is right for you, please seek professional advice.
Amadeus Early Stage EIS Fund
Read our review & download offer documentsGo to fund page