Malcolm Ferguson, Octopus Titan VCT
The UK's largest Venture Capital Trust, Octopus Titan VCT has invested in household names such as Zoopla, Secret Escapes and Graze.
What kind of investments are they making currently? How many investee companies would be expected to fail? What kind of exit potential do they look for and what is their recent track record with that? And is the size of Titan VCT a help or a hindrance? In this exclusive interview Malcolm Ferguson, partner at Octopus Ventures, talks to Wealth Club about managing the UK’s largest VCT.
Why should investors consider Octopus Titan VCT? Watch the video to find out.
- Introduction to Octopus Ventures and Malcolm Ferguson
- About Octopus Titan VCT and the companies it invests in
- How does Octopus Ventures find and choose companies to invest in?
- Examples: TaxScouts, Skin + Me, Bought By Many, and Cazoo – the fastest ever UK company to £2 billion valuation
- How has Covid-19 affected the VCT and its portfolio companies?
- How does Octopus Ventures work with companies in practice?
- Exiting from Calastone – one of the earliest Titan VCT companies
- How many investments fail? How does this affect performance?
- Does Titan VCT now need billion-pound exits because of its size?
- In conclusion, what is the ‘elevator pitch’ for Octopus Titan VCT?
Please note: the opinions expressed in this video are the interviewee’s own and do not necessarily reflect the view of Wealth Club Limited. This interview, like our service, is not advice nor a personal recommendation. The products featured are not suitable for everyone and capital is at risk. Tax benefits depend on circumstances and tax rules can change. Remember, past performance is not a guide to the future. Dividends are variable and not guaranteed. If you’re unsure an investment is right for you, please seek professional advice.
Octopus Titan VCT
Read our review, download offer documents & apply onlineGo to offer page