Two new asset-backed EIS we like
Archived article: please remember tax and investment rules and circumstances can change over time. This article reflects our views at the time of publication.
Many investors like asset-backed EIS. You get the valuable tax relief of EIS investments, plus an extra 'safety net'. Should the investment fail, you might still get some value from the assets owned by the businesses.
There's a catch though. With the new and more restrictive EIS rules, there aren't many asset-backed EIS available.
Two we like have just opened. If you like asset-backed EIS, we think you should have a look without delay.
Guinness asset-backed EIS
- New offer from established EIS manager Guinness
- Focus on capital preservation
- Targeting asset-backed businesses, e.g. nurseries and crematoria
- £1.25 per £1 invested target after 5-6 years
- Raising £20 million
- Save 30% income tax and defer unlimited capital gains
- Wealth Club exclusive: watch video interview with the manager
The City Pub EIS Fund – Tranche 2 top up
- Invest in three EIS companies that own and operate freehold high-quality pubs across the South of England
- Exceptional management team, including the founders of The Capital Pub Company PLC, which sold to Greene King PLC, delivering a total return of £2.43 per £1 invested. Past performance is not a guide to the future.
- Asset-backed qualifying EIS
- Save 30% income tax and defer capital unlimited gains
Photo credit: Emmanuel Huybrechts
Wealth Club aims to make it easier for experienced investors to find information on – and apply for – tax-efficient investments. You should base your investment decision on the provider's documents and ensure you have read and fully understand them before investing. This review is a marketing communication. It is not advice or a personal or research recommendation to buy the investment mentioned. It does not satisfy legal requirements promoting investment research independence and is thus not subject to prohibitions on dealing ahead of its dissemination.